Friday, September 14, 2007


This is St. Ann's Church (the oldest Catholic church in northwest DC); the Academy where I work in the afternoons is to the right. I just finished my first week with the Third Grade class, and I absolutely love the kids (even though they can be challenging!).
At present I am working on my first graduate paper... I think the writing element of being a grad student is going to be hard at first - neither music, nor bio/chem required substantial writing and I feel that it takes me an incredibly long time to arrive at the point I have in mind. I'm sure I will improve with practice (or die... I just did a quick calculation and between my three classes I will be writing approximately 76 pages over the next three months).
Tomorrow there is going to be a huge anti-war march downtown, starting at the White House and ending at the Capitol (neither of which I've actually been to yet). I am excited to participate in something that will draw so many people from all over the country.
Today I bought 6 art books at the Public Library book sale, and I'm in the process of cutting them all up and sticking them all over my walls, in order to beautify my small home. I never realized how much I like Van Gogh before... but the colors he uses are amazing. I feel sort of guilty ripping up the book, but they look lovely on my wall.
Enough procrastination, back to the paper!

No comments: