Saturday, September 29, 2007

Goodbye, September...

This is from last weekend, when Jason came down to visit (down, right? Yes... I am still so confused with East Coast geography. I really need to spend some time with a map. Part of it is all of these states everywhere - so unlike California, where you can drive a whole day and still be in the same state. Yesterday I went for a walk and discovered that the Maryland state line is just 6 blocks north of me. I thoroughly enjoyed standing with one foot on either side :-)
Can you believe it is almost October? I am ready for some snow! I wonder how long the excitement and novelty will last for me before I realize how annoying it is not to be able to bike and to freeze as I walk everywhere. I think I am going to be thrilled for quite a while.
Today I went to another booksale, and let's just say that my apartment is rapidly starting to resemble every other space I've ever lived in for more than a few weeks - books everywhere! Which makes me very happy. Books are wonderful.
I have been having so much fun cooking and baking in my cozy little kitchen. Today I made cinnamon rolls and it still smells delicious. I brought some to my landlord, George, and froze the rest (did you know I don't have a freezer? I have a little icebox. It's cute!). I have also been making focaccia every couple of days, and lots of sauteed vegetables. I tried to make falafel last weekend, but it was a miserable failure. Ugh.
Tomorrow I continute my quest to visit every church in the DC area with Mass (Spanish) at the Shrine of the Sacred Heart. If I wake up in time, that is... that 10pm Mass on campus is fantastic to be able to fall back on (well, I sort of have to be there anyway, since I'm the pianist).
Enough of my middle-of-the-night ramblings... and happy last day of September!

No comments: