We went to the U.S. Postal Museum on Saturday morning, the first of the Smithsonian museums I've yet been to. While I can't say it was the most exciting thing I've done in a long time, it was very nice. I am looking forward to exploring some of the others. After that we walked home from downtown to my apartment along beautiful Massachusetts Avenue, also known as Embassy Row, as it is lined with various countries' embassies. The different areas of Washington DC change so quickly and drastically - architecturally, ethnically, and just the overall atmosphere. I am enjoying exploring and discovering! While the Metro makes everything fairly accessible, I am planning on intensifying my search for a bike in the next few days. There are amazing trails throughout the city that will be fun to ride.
My first week of classes was great and I am excited for a challenging and productive semester. Speaking of which, my stacks of books are calling to me... time to buckle down and get some reading done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The US Postal museum? Yeah... that doesn't exactly sound like a hoot. :) Don't they have Smithsonian museums dedicated to movies and stuff? Go visit those ones! :)
It's a fun little museum. Good history and fun objects. It's one of my favorites in the city.
Post a Comment