Tuesday, August 14, 2007
I'm Here!!!
Yes, folks, here I am at last, in our nation's lovely capital - my home for the next two years... I am currently eating saltine crackers and sipping watered-down pink lemonade from the vending machine. This hostel is like 8 stories high and the only people I've heard speaking English so far have thick British or Scottish accents (Kate, think 'Monarch of the Glen'!). Very neat. I was so proud of myself that today I navigated the Metro (with transfers!) across town to this area called Colombia Heights where I am thinking about living. I also failed to find the Cathedral for 5:30 Mass, but we'll just focus on the postives :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay! You're there! :) Can't wait to hear all about apartment hunting, etc. As a note: Andy and Tessa apparently broke off their engagement- they are still dating but she isn't moving to Hawaii. :( So sad. Oh well, she was too good for him anyways!
And here's a link to a blog I'm doing about pregnancy- no pictures or anything, just me rambling which is such a wonderful thing anyways. LOL.
http://amandalock.wordpress.com/
Love you!! Keep me updated on all the craziness!
Post a Comment