Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Some Desert Creatures...

A Gila Monster. Very rare. Very beautiful. I was writing in my journal one evening in camp when this one decided to walk up to me. Very strange, since they are generally quite shy. This is only the second one I've ever seen in my life. I have to say I was unnerved, if honored that it didn't seem to be frightened of me.

A tarantula. They are fairly common in these parts. I don't find them to be as unsettling as I would think. They are also quite beautiful.

A desert rat.

2 comments:

amanda said...

um. a gila monster came up to you? holy cow. i would have crawled up on a rock and lived there for the next couple months until the thing decided to move. that is crazy looking!

E. Swan said...

Manda, so are so hilariou!!
But, um, yeah. Seriously. *cough* I woulda too.
A desert rat? How about a desert model!! You are so tan and healthy looking !!! Wow, heheheheh ; ) Sorry to embarress you on your blog. But really? Your pretty beautiful : )
I love you darling!
Em