Wednesday, October 15, 2008

C&O Canal Trail Ride


These pictures are from a ride I took last Saturday. A couple of weeks ago, I made the single best purchase of my entire life - a beautiful Trek 1200 road bike. I had spent months looking on Craigslist for just such a bike that was within my price range. I bike everywhere (usually over an hour a day, since school and work are both 10 miles away, roundtrip), so needless to say, it has revolutionized my life.

These first two pictures are of the C&O Canal Trail, which runs along the canal, as well as the Potomac River, which you see above. When I discovered the trail last spring I decided that I liked DC much better.

The trail ends in Georgetown, and from there I biked down to the monuments, just for fun...


... and on through Chinatown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SUCH incredible pictures! You should blow them up and put them on your wall. And just what did you end up naming your bike? Is it Constance as I suggested? :)